Dear CMAAC NOVA SCOTIA Members,
Here is the agenda for the upcoming May 6th, 2018 Annual General Meeting of CMAAC-NS. Location: Halifax Library
Please plan to attend. CEU credits apply to this free to members event.
In addition to the speakers we will hold a private meeting for members to update you on what our Association has been working on. There will be some key developments that will be shared with members.
PLEASE CONTACT CMAAC-NS VIA EMAIL, MESSENGER, OR CALL ASAP TO CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE. WE APPRECIATE YOUR CO-OPERATION.
CMAAC NS CHAPTER ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2018 SPEAKER AGENDA:
Speaker 1: Customer Discovery by Dr. Mary Kilfoil, Ph.D, M.S.E.
• How to Test Your Customer Base for Optimal Engagement
• Methods of Capturing Your Customer Interest Level
• Identifying Customer Needs/Wants and Engagement Level
• The Get, Keep, and Grow Mindset (How to Get, Keep, and Grow Your Customer Base)
Dr. Mary Kilfoil is the Director of the Norman Newman Centre for Entrepreneurship at Dalhousie University, academic lead for the Centre’s Launch Dal entrepreneurship programming and president of the Canadian Council for Small Business and Entrepreneurship.
Speaker 2: Financial Modeling by Dr. Ed Leach, MBA, Ph.D
• How to Quickly Review and Forecast your Business Financial Picture
• Models to Test the Financial Feasibility of Adding a Service to Your Practice
• Determining Your Bottom Line Profitability and How to Better Manage It
Dr. Ed Leach received his Ph.D. in computing technology in education from Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale and an MBA from the University of Western Ontario. Prior to completing his graduate work, Dr. Leach was an entrepreneur who also taught in the professional programs of the Society of Management Accountants and the Purchasing Management Association of Canada.
Speaker 3: Practice Management by Dr. Louisa Horne, B.Sc. Hons, B.Ed., M.Ed
• Local Best Practices on How to Build a Customer Base
• What Services to Develop and Offer to Keep Customers Coming Back
• Specific Details of Effective Social Media Strategies and How to Best Implement Them
• How to Best Structure Your Business to Manage the Accounting and Legal Aspects of Business to Improve Your Bottom Line and Protect Your Assets
Dr. Louisa Horne is the Director, Micro-Business Solutions for the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC). In this newly created role Louisa has been given the opportunity to be instrumental in delivering on BDC Consulting’s commitment to Micro-Businesses.
Speaker 4: Dr. John Yang Dr. TCM, PhD
Using Simplified Pulse Taking as a Guide to Select Acupuncture Points
• The formation of pulse—window of qi
• Simplified method of taking pulse—above or below
• Selecting acupuncture points principle—five shu points
• Applying stimulation technique—tonifying(Bu) or reducing(Xie)
Dr. John Yang is a registered Doctor of TCM in British Columbia, Canada. He graduated from Hainan University Medical School, Haikou, China and further his TCM training at the Hainan Provincial Hospital of TCM. He completed his dissertation of “Study on the Thought of Qi in the Internal Classic of Yellow Emperor” and earned his PhD from Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine.